Throughout history all highly successful people
Held fast to their belief and desire
It is with definiteness of purpose
It is with persistence
With being a peaceful Warrior
You stand your ground and live YOUR life experiences
That energy brings you those desires and lets abundance flow to you!
Right throughout history we have seen the resilience of spectacular people, I would like to tell you about a truly amazing individual, Miles Hilton-Barber.
Miles has been blind since his early twenties, but has not let that stop him from challenging barriers. He has sought adventure and succeeded on expeditions to deserts, mountains and the polar regions.
He is an exceptional storyteller and corporate motivational speaker whose messages of “never give up”, “expect the unexpected” and “think big to achieve big” come wrapped in a package of humour and profound personal insight.
He uses his experiences as an international adventurer to motivate and inspire others to achieve their potential. His words are not hollow generalisations – he offers practical ideas that work for everyone.
Despite being blind for over 25 years, Miles has still lived his dreams, encouraging us to realise that “The only limits in our lives are those we accept ourselves.”
His remarkable adventures in recent years, setting numerous world records in the process, include:
• First blind pilot to undertake a 55-day, 21,000 kilometre microlight flight from London to Sydney, relying on revolutionary speech-output technology (developed by Software Express) on his instruments for navigation, accompanied by his sighted co-pilot
• Man-hauling a sledge over 250 miles across Antarctica
• Completing “The Toughest Foot-race on Earth” – 150 miles across the Sahara Desert.
• Climbing to 17,500 feet in the Himalayas
• Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt. Blanc- Africa’s/Europe’s highest mountains
• Running the 11-day Ultra-Marathon race across China from the Gobi Desert to the Great Wall
• Completing the “Coldest Marathon on Earth”- the Siberian Ice Marathon
• Competing in the hottest ultra-marathon on earth across Death Valley California.
• Crossing the entire Qatar Desert non-stop day/night in 78 hours without sleep
• Circumnavigating 38,000 miles around the world using 80 different forms of transport
• Setting the Malaysian Grand Prix lap record for a blind driver in a 230kph Lotus
• Setting a new British high-altitude record for a tandem microlight (20,300 feet) with -55 Centigrade open-cockpit temperatures
• White-water rafting down the Zambezi River
• Completing more than 40 skydiving jumps
• Cage-diving with Great White Sharks
• First blind pilot to undertake a sortie of extreme aerobatics in a +600 MPH Hawker Hunter fighter jet with an ex-Red Arrows co-pilot
• Becoming the first blind person to do the solo kamikaze skeleton run down the 5G Olympic bob-sleigh track in Lillehammer, Norway
• First blind person to pilot a 340 BHP performance rated Zap Cat power boat in ocean time trials
• First blind aviator to break sound barrier- attaining speed of Mach 1.4/1,060 MPH during vertical climb to 50,000 feet in just 90 seconds in an English Electric Lightning fighter jet.
• First blind person to participate in a drag-racing event, driving a supercharged machine at Britain’s Santa Pod drag track.
Find out more about Miles here: http://www.mileshilton-barber.com/index.php